Food: 10 benefits of turmeric + how to make turmeric tea
I read somewhere that if you want to attract readers, a good way to do so is to suggest a list of things in your title. Apparently people like list. Another tip was to use the words ‘how to’, I’m guessing we all like to learn how to do stuff. By combining the two I’m hoping this post will be a readers magnet, attracting the whole internet community to come and read about the edible gold called turmeric.
So for the list, here are 10 reasons why you should consume turmeric:
1) Kill cancer cells. in order to effectively do this we need quite a high dosage of curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric). To increase the bioavailability (the amount that will actually be absorbed by the body) of curcumin it is suggested you boil it in water for 10 to 12 minutes. Hence the tea recipe I’ll share with you later
2) detoxifies the liver : turmeric increases the production of vital enzymes that break down and reduce toxins in the body
3) boost immune system because of it’s anti fungal, anti inflammatory, anti viral and anti bacterial properties.
4) Because of it’s inflammatory properties it’s also good for your bowels, it reduces inflammation and therefor improves digestion.
5) Curcumin helps to controle diabetes by moderating insuline levels
6) because of it’s inflammatory properties it helps to treat arthritis and joint pains
7) supports healthy blood circulation
8) Is used to treat asthma
9) works as an anti depressant, some research shows it’s as effective as prozac
10) Did I forget something here? no I didn’t because I eat turmeric regularly and it helps with alzheimer prevention.
As mentioned above, the best way to increase the bioavalability of curcumin in turmeric is to boil it in water for 10-12 minutes. Therefor lots of people recommend drinking turmeric tea daily.
Here’s a lovely turmeric tea recipe for you
Have a great day!